theCorkHead.com

theCorkHead.com

The online home of Mark “The Cork Head” Stuart, Certified Wine Professional, speaker/educator, judge, and columnist.

Click here for more info

May 2017
S M T W T F S
« Nov
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031

Discount Telluride Ski Lift Tickets

*****ORBITZ HAS DISCONTINUED THEIR LIFT TICKET PROGRAM FOR 2017.  I AM CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR THE NEXT DISCOUNT PROGRAM AND WHEN AVAILABLE I WILL POST HERE******

As a Telluride regular, I am always asked about cheap or discount Telluride ski lift ticket sales.  Well, this is the best one available.  I’ve spent hours scouring the internet and local hangouts alike, and I can honestly say this is the only real Telluride lift ticket special on the market.  Coupon codes just don’t exist.  Child and senior lift tickets are available too!

Orbitz has taken over the lead as the best discount ski lift ticket provider in the business.  Last Minute Travel pulled their deal during the ski season last year and no one else offers a better discount than Orbitz when clicking through my link.  Each year the discount gets smaller, but it is better than paying full price.

Discount Lift Ticket Purchase Instructions:

1)  Click any link on this blog post

2)  Enter your arrival and departure dates in the boxes located on the upper right hand of the search page that opens through my link.

3)  Get the best discount on the internet!

Rules for Getting the Lift Ticket Discount

1)  You must by at least a week in advance wherever you buy, otherwise you’ll be stuck with window rates no matter what!

2)  With this link, there are no tricks, add ons, or additional purchases necessary.  It simply offers the best deal on discount Telluride lift tickets, period.

Ticket Pricing Comparison:

I’ve included comparison charts below that show that my online rates, (first chart) vs. the window rate, and the ski resort 7 day advance discount rate.  Compare and save!  Keep in mind my online rates will fluctuate slightly depending upon what time of the season you visit.  However, I’ve yet to see Telluride Ski Resort beat the prices available here.

Rates displayed in the below grid are an average regular season discount rate.  Early season discount rates are MUCH cheaper.

Your rate may be higher or  lower depending upon the time of season you choose to travel.  MY EARLY SEASON RATES ARE SIGNIFICANTLY LOWER than the table below.   High season and holiday rates fluctuate depending upon your arrival and departure dates.

My Discount Regular Options for 2015-2016

Adult (13 – 64) $503.75/$83.96/day
Senior (65 – 99) $450.00/$75.00/day
Child (6 – 12) $295.00/$49.17/day
Adult (13 – 64) $522.50/$74.64/day
Senior (65 – 99) $491.25/$70.18/day
Child (6 – 12) $301.25/$43.04/day

**Tickets are not purchased directly from this page.  Click this link to take you directly to the discount purchase page.

I’m sure you have already compared the pricing direct from the ski resort, but if not here is the direct link to their lift ticket sales page:  http://www.tellurideskiresort.com/pricing-products/lift-tickets/

So, if you take a little time to review the differences, it’s easy enough to see the meaningful savings by using this link.  Even the very best rate from the ski resort does not match my online advance purchase rates.
My online EARLY SEASON, HOLIDAY SEASON, CHILD, and SENIOR rates are even better.  Look at those by simply altering your search dates based upon arrival in Telluride, Colorado.
**If you plan on going over Christmas or New Year’s, well, you are going to pay higher rates.  However, if you are going any other time, this is the best way to go…the way all our visitors and friends do it too.
Use this link to take you directly to the ticket window.
Best of luck, and happy skiing in Telluride!
The Cork Head

16 Comments

1. Mark the Cork Head
    Posted 02/20/10 at 5:06 pm | Permalink

Hi,

For travel dates between March 6-20, advance purchase rates are slightly higher everywhere. However, the best deal available can still be found at the links in the post above. If you find something better, please let me know. I’ll make sure to post it!

Have a blast!

2. Posted 02/13/11 at 7:17 am | Permalink

Hi Ryan,

The most important thing is to purchase at least 7 days in advance. The Orbitz pricing does fluctuate slightly here and there depending upon the time of season. Generally they pricing goes up over President’s Day and a few other busier times, but I’ve yet to see pricing anywhere else that can beat what is offered through these links.

3. Mark Stuart
    Posted 02/18/11 at 3:50 pm | Permalink

I’ve found that purchasing tickets for the first few weeks in March are exactly the same price at my links as it is at http://www.tellurideskiresort.com. However, if you start your skiing on March 20th or after, you will find the best rates by clicking through my post above. And, for the closing week, starting March 27th, my links offer the cheapest prices on the web and of the season. Of course, no matter what you do, remember to purchase at least 7 days in advance!

4. Robert
    Posted 09/04/12 at 6:20 am | Permalink

Hi Mark,
    Thanks very much for your blog and info!
    I’ll be with a group of 6-8 people at Telluride this coming 2012/13 season; 4 days on mountain. Feb 20, 21, 22, 23 and will keep a look out for your updated ticket prices and link. Additionally… Do you have any “insider” recommendations for a good guide for 1 day and a snowcat/backcountry operator who caters to true double black / experts skiers & riders?
    Thanks for your time & assistance!
    Robert

5. Posted 01/23/13 at 1:09 pm | Permalink

Good day! Would you mind if I share your blog
    with my zynga group? There’s a lot of folks that I think would really enjoy your content. Please let me know. Cheers

6. Posted 01/23/13 at 1:15 pm | Permalink

Sure! Everyone should have quality info!

7. Howie B SD
    Posted 02/08/13 at 10:48 am | Permalink

Using your link, I was sent to Orbitz and got a 10% discount relative to the official Telluride site over President’s Weekend. Nice! Thanks!

8. Jeremy C.
    Posted 12/22/13 at 9:26 pm | Permalink

Hi Mark,

Using your link above took me to Last Minute Travel. I am going on a ski trip for 5 days to Telluride over New Years. The Telluride online price is $477 for lift tickets since it is a holiday, but the Last Minute Travel deal is for $417 for the same period! Sweet little savings, thanks for sharing!

P.S. I found this page through Google searching for “Discount Telluride Lift Tickets”

9. Posted 12/23/13 at 7:24 am | Permalink

Thanks Jeremy! Happy to help!

10. Tom
    Posted 03/01/14 at 10:36 am | Permalink

Mark,
    Are you still recommending last minute travel for lift tickets? Have you received good feedback from your users on them?

Thanks,
    Tom

11. Posted 03/01/14 at 11:57 am | Permalink

Yes…I sold nearly $25,000 of them last month through my link with zero complaints, and have been using them for many years. The only issue that came up was that someone didn’t purchase them more than 7 days in advance and missed out on the deal. I used to go through Orbitz previously but they bumped up their margins and LMT is now the best place to go.

Best Wishes,

Mark Stuart

12. alec
    Posted 03/02/14 at 2:28 pm | Permalink

How do you get the actual lift tickets?

Do they mail them to you or do you get a voucher to show the ticket office?

13. Posted 03/02/14 at 4:24 pm | Permalink

You will receive a receipt from Last Minute Travel online when you complete your purchase. Take that to any ticket window in Telluride and they will redeem your tickets there…voucher style.

Happy Skiing! I’m here now and it is gorgeous!

Mark

14. Posted 03/12/14 at 2:40 pm | Permalink

Just a few days ago LMT discontinued their discount selling of lift tickets in Telluride. I’ve heard from so many of you I reposted the best rates available again at any of the above links…we are going back through Orbitz now as they have the best rates. If LMT comes back live I’ll repost, but it won’t happen for 2014. Have a great time!

15. Madison
    Posted 12/29/14 at 9:51 am | Permalink

Thanks for taking the time to put this together. I’m sourcing the best price for lift tickets myself right now as well.

Just wanted to let you know for the dates March 17-22 (skiing dates for a 4 day pass), it seems the best pricing is still through telluride direct ($392 for a 4 day pass vs $401 via orbitz). Even if I split it into two-2 day passes (starting after march 20th as you recommend via orbitz) and 2 day via telluride, the price is still less to buy a 4 day pass through telluride directly ($212 for Orbitz after march 20th and $202 for telluride regardless of date change in march).

The link above took me to Orbitz, I couldn’t find tickets available from Last Minute Travel.

16. Posted 12/29/14 at 10:15 am | Permalink

It all depends upon your start date for the search. Last Minute Travel pulled their deal last year. A few years ago the wholesale discount was better than it is this year. My link still is the best way to go for most dates, but glad you compared to the resort! Happy Skiing!